In our local congregation, we play an important part of the body of Christ. God wants us to work together so that the church body can minister to others more effectively.
Questions you may want to consider:
1.) List several of your own reasons for joining a church.
2.) What should the church believe about Christ's birth? (Mathew 1:23 ), Deity (John 1:14 ), Death (I Peter 2:24), Resurrection (I Corinthians 15:3-4), Second Coming (I Thessalonians 4:16-17)? Where does your church stand on these truths? It may be helpful to obtain a doctrinal statement from your church and research these areas.
3.) What abilities does God give (besides that of serving as a prophet or apostle) to strengthen the church members? (Ephesians 4:11-13)
Which of these roles do you fill? Which would you like to be involved in? Why? How are your preparing yourself for that ministry?
4) What should be one of the basic purposes of a church? (II Timothy 4:2)
What are the benefits to being a formal member of Greater Bethesda Christian Center?
- First, there is the loving accountability that a body of believers provides. At times we all experience the propensity to drift spiritually, but God uses the care of the elders and other members of the body to shepherd and restore our wayward hearts. In this way, the local church provides for each of us an umbrella of spiritual protection.
- A second benefit is that the church provides the fitting context for believers to discover and use their spiritual gifts through serving and edifying other members. This, of course, also includes being served and edified in return.
- Third, being a member provides one the opportunity to pursue and serve in positions of leadership in the body.
What Are The Responsibilities Of Church Membership?
- Attend regularly
- Give regularly
- Pray regularly
- Show love to one another
The following are suggestions for making your church worship more meaningful:
- Bow for silent prayer before the service begins. Pray for yourself, for the minister, for those taking part in the service and for those worshiping, that Christ will be very real to all, and that those who do not know Christ may come to know Him.
- Always take your Bible. Underline portions that are made especially meaningful by the sermons.
- Take notes on the sermon and apply them to your life.
- Can you list some other ways?
We think choosing a church home is an important decision that should be made with prayer and spiritual guidance. If you choose to join our church family this is what you can expect:
- You will have a mentor for six months or longer
- You will attend a membership class where you were learn our vision, mission and future goals of JAL ministries
- We will help you discover your spiritual gifts so you can see where you fit into our family